Rash on arms, shoulders, wrist, belly area. Gave Benadryl and oatmeal bath soak, cortisone cream. Help?

Hi, A child not from my family visited my home this weekend and spent the night. she had a rash all over her body, arms , shoulders, wrists, belly area. I gave her some Benadryl and an oatmeal bath soak, used some cortisone cream on some areas. the itch stopped and she slept just fine. the next day she looked great. later in the day the had a hive like spot on her wrist and later on her forehead. Her mother says she has had this rash for 3 weeks or so. It pops up worse at times, but has been consistant. The Dr. today said she wasn't sure what is was, the rash, but is treating the child for scabies just in case. What in the world! Am I at risk, the other children who visit my home? I am hot water washing bedding now...what next???
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013