Rash on arms and legs, turned bigger and darker, seem to be sub dermal. What could this be?

when i was 12 i has a rash on my arms and legs that was there for a week or so then seemed to turn into bigger spots that turned dark then began to get smaller and seemed to be sub dermal anyone know what type of virus or what ever this is as that was what my GP told my mom at the time. Now I am 52 and want to know if certain things going on with my body now i.e. new rash with skin discolorations but on my back not on my limbs, could be connected. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012