Rash in the inner thigh spreading to genital area. Could this be a skin infection?

My best friend had had a rash on her inner thigh for about 4 days and now it has spread to her private region.Also it is in pain.She have black bumps that are in the infected area.shes only used water,mild soap,and lotion.She isn t having any fevers, nausea ,or body aches.I thought it was just a mild skin infection but the fact that its spreading is causing me concern.she hasn t had any sexual contact recently.So I m not sure if it was a present infection that s she just having an outbreak with.please let me know
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013