Rapid heart beats with occasional shortness of breath on walking or standing up. What could be causing this?

Hello Dr. Monnica. I am regular in my exercise and so am not unfit, although, in any general circumstance, when I walk a few steps or if I stand up, my heart beat increases rapidly and I sometimes become short of breath. I have been seeing a doctor regularly so I am able to check these things with him too but out of curiosity could you give me any sort of lead on what that could be from? Thanks, Gen.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013