Random pain in ears. Could it be due to over usage of ear phone, treatment?

i am a management consultant and to talk a lot on phone with people for long hours - so i started using earphones - now since last 2 days there is random slight pain in one of my ears. i read that buds are not the right thing to use. shall i stop using the earphone completely?? which ear drop can i use periodically for normal cleaning / maintenance of ear?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. it is likely that the pain is due to ear phones, please don't use them as you may develop some hearing loss also. you are correct when you say that ear buds should not be used. you can use wax solvent drops like soliwax/otorex for maintenance, just in case you are having trouble hearing. thanks