Raised black mark on finger. History of melanoma. Any suggestions? Family history of skin cancer

Hello, I have a raised black mark on my pinkey finger . When I was 16yrs old, I had a very similar looking raised mark on the back of my leg that looked like a tick under my skin. It turned out to be melanoma , but I caught it in the earliest phase and it had not spread anywhere. I am now 40yrs old, and slightly paranoid now if I notice anything that is black. It maybe my imagination but it seems as though the mark is getting wider. Everyone I work with told me to stick a needle in it and it should drain. Well, I can t get off work until January and I figured it would ease my mind if this would make it go away. However, this did nothing. I guess, if a blood blister is black maybe they don t do anything b/c it s probably dried up blood that I would have to dig out of my finger. I am not about to do that. The mark has been on my finger for about a month. Do you have any suggestions for me to figure out if it is a blood blister? The waiting period to get into a dermatologist 2 months out anyway, I don t remember hurtng my finger, but that doesnt mean I didn t hurt it. Hoping for the best, oh I have 2 cousins that have had melanoma removed (however they live in FL & I live in KY). My dad recently died of glioblatoma, but the doctors told me this is not hereditary. My cousins are from my dad s side of the family and my maternal grandfather died from skin cancer that spread. However, my grandfather s skin cancer was not melanoma and he was 89yrs old. Thanks...
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012