Q-tip stuck in ear, loss of hearing, cough. Have asthma. What should I do?

Hi I was cleaning my ear with a qtip and half of it got stuck in my ear my husband and the doctor tried taking it out with twizzers but failed the doctor says he can see it but it is to close to my ear drum he referred me to ent specialist in hospital for this Thursday morning I went to my doctor about this a week ago. And now a week later I am still waiting for appointment. I now have a loss of hearing I have a really bad cough . My asthma is playing up and my left ear keeps poping I can still feel the qtip in my ear and I feel really ill what should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Leaving a foreign body in your ear is not a good idea, and that is why qtips for leaning the ears is not recommended.
Please try and visit an ENT specialist for an otoscope examination and he will be able to take this out as tweezers do not reach far enough or recommended for this purpose.

The changes in middle ear pressure and blockage of the tube that opens inside the mouth causes the ear to pop.
After some time, granulation tissue mixed with ear wax will make it even more difficult to extract.
Please try and get this checked today.

Best Wishes.