Pus filled scab spreading on the back of the neck. Impetigo?

Larger scab on the back of neck oozed puss and over night small circular scabs are spreading all across my neck and face. I am a wrestler so a skin infection is likely. I was thinking impetigo but the scabs do not have the characteristic honey color. However I did read that impetigo, when spread starts off as small pimple like things, and that is what I have. When scratched they secrete a clear liquid rather than blood like a normal scab.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012