Pus filled bumps on elbow, gets easily irritated on rubbing accidentally. Will cleaning with alcohol, applying hot towel help?

Hi I am 21 years old, and my health is fine. However I have one of those puss filled bumps on my elbow that is easily irritated when accidentally rubbed against something. I don t want to pop it with a needle incase of infection, so I have been told cleaning it with alcohol and applying a hot wet towel on it will help. Is this true? How do I get rid of it? It has been almost a week now
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
It looks like a Staphylococcal infection of hair follicle.Pl take antibiotics for a week and clean it properly.It will subside in weeks time.