Puffy and stuffy nose in the middle of night, with oozing, increase in pores size. What is the cause?

I woke up in the middle of the night and the left side of my nose was puffy and stuff when I squish my nose. Also it hurts a lot and there is a liquid pus that is oozing out. I can tell that there is an increase size of the pores, but there does not seem to be a white head nor can I find a specific starting location of the swelling .
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
There might be some focus of infection inside the nose resulting in the pus formation.
You must take a proper antibiotic course as early as possible as any abscess in peri oral region including nose may result in abscess in brain.
Consult your doctor for the prescription of antibiotic.