Problem of ingrown hairs in pubic area after waxing, a pus with an unpleasant odor. Antibiotics needed?

Hi, I have had a problem with ingrown hairs in my pubic area after waxing. I stopped waxing about a year ago and still have problems. Just now I had one that popped when I went to the bathroom. I was cleaning the area of the puss and the puss had an unpleasant odor . I m thinking perhaps it was infected. Would I need an antibiotic to treat it or would OTC antibiotic ointment and keeping it clean and dry work? Why would I still have problems with ingrown hairs even though I don t shave or wax that area anymore?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012