Problem in speaking for a 6 years old baby

my daughter is 6 year old. she is not able to speak, she only speaks few words, but she can understand what we are saying. in other activities she is normal.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
DEAR chetna

howz pattern of speech is it like stammering or words are not fluent. there are various reasons for delayed speech. first consult ent surgeon rule out tongue tie (this you can also see its just fibrous band beneath tongue which hampers movement of tongue.)and get her hearing test done if both are normal what she need is speech therapy.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Chetna
Look if there is tongue tie beneath the tongue if so get it operated. I had a case where every thing was normal but baby never talked. I got her ear tested and it was found she was impaired of hearing. Hearing aid helped her and now she is perfectly fine. If all this is fine then there is a herb which we call as vach. Just a ppinch [ very little quantity ] of this herb is mixed in a spoon of honey and applied as paste over tongue.