Pricking sensation behind right ears and severe vertigo. Cause and remedy for the problem?

I ve been getting pins and needles behind the right ear for a week now .....last week it was occasionally behind both the ears. A year back....15 months back I had severe vertigo that lasted for 2-3 hrs. and after many tests I was diagnosed by an ENT that it was because of the water pressure in the inner left ear and that my ear drum is also sunken in more than 50%. Last week also I had vertigo early morning in bed while lying but it was not so severe like last year and did not last long. Can you please tell me why I get this and the remedy to this problem ?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013