Pressed fibula after fall. Have diabetes and CAD. Is plaster good?

My wife aged 58 years suffering from CAD and DM type2 slipped from stairs and his fibula boon is pressed (Not broken) - knee side. presently admitted in hospital on 14-12-12, Doctor advised operation or plaster and finally plaster the whole leg. the Ist option -not carried out by the doctor concered due to risk factors as the patent is diabetic and CAD ( planting two stunts about 6year year back) Pls. advice the plaster treatment is equally good. Thanks Vijay Sharma mail: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Mr. Vijay,
Sorry to hear about your wife's condition. Yes, a plaster is equally good in your wife's case and should resolve the problem although it takes a bit of time. However, considering your wife's comorbidities, I would say that this is the treatment of choice in her case.