Presence of prominent lymph node in test report. Can it be a sign of cancer?

A few prominent mesenteric lymph nodes are noted of questionable significance. My doctor raised her brows but didn t do any futher testing. I am worried because when I try to google it lot of people are associating lymph nodes with cancer . Can that be a cancer Could you please tell me if I need any further tests to be done and what should be that?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Sep 2012
Hi, Welcome to HCM. I am Dr. Das.
first of all you did not tell us why you went to doctor. Because in many condition mesenteric lymph nodes are identifiable including cancer but not only in cancer. So my advice is dont get tensed. if you have any symptoms related with cancer it must raised suspicion for your doctor.