Prescribed with benzydamine gargle for strep throat. How long should I use it? Taking advil cold

I have a bad case of Strep Throat w/ fever and was prescribed PMS- benzydamine to gargle with. It didn t come really with instructions (just how much to take and how often). How/why does it work and how long should I gargle for? Should I rinse with water after or just leave it (it says do not swallow ) Also, I was told to take Advil cold and sinus . Would tylonal cold and sinus work better for bringing down my fever? Even when I take 2 caplets of the advil my fever remains at about 100F
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012