Prescribed to Percocets after surgery for broken left leg. Will substituting marijuana cause me to heal less quickly?

Hey Doc, I recently broke my left leg and underwent surgery, I've been prescribed to percocets which have been effective in treating the pain however I have woken up in a fit of withdrawal and wish to stay off the percocets. My question to you is regarding marijuana use and healing time. Will substituting marijuana cause me to heal less quickly? I would much rather use marijuana, which doesn't come with these nasty withdrawal symptoms I am experiencing, but I want a doctor's opinion on the matter. Thanks for any feedback!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013