Prescribed thyronorm for high TSH during pregnancy. TSH high after stopping medicine. Its impact on health?

Hi My wife had high TSH during her pregnancy. Doctor gave her started with Thyronom 50 mg & moved on to 100mg. The Thyroid levels were under control during the pregrnancy. After my baby was born doctor suggested to get the test done after 6-8 weeks. We got the test done & the TSH came out to be 0.08. We thought its quite low so we stopped the medicine. My wife was complaining of tiredness therefore I got the tests done again yesterday & the results are as follows T3 is less than 10, T4 is 0.30 & TSH is greater than 150. There are no other symptoms. She has gained 2 kgs in the last month. I am really surprised with the results as TSH level has shot up. I would need your suggestion on the following - What is the significance of the results & how can it impact my wife s health? - My wife also feeds my 4 month old daughter so Is it going to impact her anyway?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012