Prescribed Nicardia for high BP. How long should it be taken and does it cause side effects?

i am 34 yr. Due to some stress i feels some difficulties and consult with my Doctor. he mointer my BP for 4 weeks. BP shows 140/100, then I take a diet avoiding more salt and my stress also lowered then BP become 120/90. during this time due to sleepless duty and some stress BP hiked into 160/100. then my doctor prescribed Nicardia 10mg. Sir, how long I have to use this medicine. Have any harmful side effect in taking this medicine.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013