Prescribed Liofen for jerks on the right side due to C3 issue. Any side effects?

Dear doctor, One of our Neurophysician doctor has suggested Liofen 10 mg 1/2 to be taken twice a day for my father because he has jerks on the right side leg due to C3 issue. Does it have any side effect taking it for a long time. I have just seen some information about the side effects of this medicine on the net so i am afraid to give. Please suggest euqivalent medicine to this which has no side effects. I am also from Bangalore and anybody can suggest some good neurosurgeons waiiting for your reply
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012