Prescribed Levogastrol for esophagus blockage when swallowing. Should I take medication regularly?

Hi...for about six or seven years now I have occasionally suffered a quite severe blockage in the oesophagus when swallowing ... often when eating lightly glutinous rice dishes. The doctor in Spain (where I lived until recently) prescribed Levogastrol which I took for about 2 years. The attacks did become much less frequent. And I`ve only had one mild blockage in the last couple of months. I am 73.Do you think i should continue to take Levogastrol regularly? C Willoughby YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello, thank you for communicating with us for your problem. as per the history you have told there is absolutely no problem in continuing this drug. it is safe.
But still I would suggest you to consult the Specialist as on examination the findings may be different and line of treatment may have to be changed. Please don’t hesitate to consult and ask for any more queries. I will be pleased to answer.
With best wishes for a speedy cure
Dr Ajay Lavania