Pregnant, stomach, esophagus feels like burning, breathing problem, unable to release bowel. Reason?

Hello doctors.i am 11weeks pregnant and i feel my stomach and esophagus is it has something blocking and makes me cant breath nicely and vomit . What is happening?and also i cant release my bowel.why?u can send me the answers here at my email YYYY@YYYY you very much.your fast responce is highly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Hi ! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

Pregnancy causes the movements of your intestines to be sluggish which is the cause of your symptoms. The burning of your stomach and esophagus is possibly due to acid reflux due to incompetence of your gastro esophageal sphincter. I would advise you to raise the head end of your bed by one or two blocks, which will relieve your symptoms. Go for more of roughage and enough liquids to avoid constipation common during pregnancy. You can take a proton pump inhibitor drug only after consultation with your obstetrician if need be. It is usually better to avoid any special medications in the first trimester of pregnancy unless it is really needed.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/obstetrician in further management of your problem.

Thanks for choosing health care magic for clearing doubts on your health problems. Good luck. Dr Shareef.