Pregnant, diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Suggested Thyronorm. Effect on baby from the tablet?

Hello Doctor .. how are you ? My wife is pregnant (12th week going) and being diagnised for hypothyroidism with TSH level 6.65 we consulted Fortis hospital endocrinologis and he has advised to take Thyronorm 50 mcg for one month and do the blood test again to check the tsh levels. Is it safe to take that tablet ? is thee any side effects on baby from that tablet or hight thyroid value? do you suggest any other medication for thyroid ? Thanks, Niranjan Hegde Bangalore
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012