Pregnant and Burning Sensation?

Hello, I'm pregnant and I just had unprotected sex and now i'm having a burning sensation.......Could it be something serious????
Asked On : Sun, 25 Apr 2010
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
UNPROTECTED SEX WITH OWN LOYAL PARTNER MAY BE DUE TO SIMPLE URINARY TRACT INFECTION DO AN URINE TEST FOR CULTURE AND SENSITIVITY AND CHOOSE A DRUG WHICH IS NOT HARMFUL IN PREGNANCY,TAKE GOOD AMOUNT OF FLUID BY MOUTH
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Burning sensation during micturition is most commonly seen in urinary infections. You need adequate antibiotics for the treatment as recurrent urinary infections during pregnancy can precipitate a preterm labour. Meanwhile have plenty of fluids and fresh cranberry juice to relieve your symptoms to some extent.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
drtayal72@gmail.com
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. It could mean infection.. Better seek the help of a doctor to be on a safer side... Hope not a serious one.. All the best...