Pregnant. Red spots on legs, not itchy or bumpy. What could be this?

I m 27 and 16 weeks pregnant, and I have what looks very similar to a hicky, red spots on my legs. However it s not itchy or bumpy. They re just there. I was just wondering what these could be or if any one else has had this type thing. Oh they re not all over my legs, just on my calves and shins. Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.

Seems like you have developed lesions of vasculitis.

Hope you are not on any drugs, other than the regular iron and folic acid.

Even preservatives in canned and outside food can be a cause.

You need assessment by a dermatologist for confirmation of the diagnosis.

For the mean time, you can just apply plain calamine lotion.
Hope it helps
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul
MD( Dermatology)