Pregnant. Patches on tummy. Using trimovate cream. Will it be sufficient?

Hello! I am pregnant in 23 weeks. Until now I had a pregnancy without problems. But since Friday I observed on my belly 3 small round patches .I have 2 on my arm also. I had them before, like months ago and I was treated with Trimovate Cream and some pills. I would like to know if I can use this cream in my pregnancy. I can tell that I don t have any pets at home and I don t know the cause. Can this be harmful for the baby?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013

You are having round skin lesions and they are spreading.

You are pregnant.

It may be fungal or allergic skin disease.

It may be pregnancy dermatosis.

It is difficult to say.

You consult dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Without clinical examination, no drug should be given to you.

And selfmedication is also dangerous.

So , consult dermatologist immediately or take an advice of your gynaecologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD