Pregnancy test showed both lines among which one was permanent, other disappeared quickly. What does this mean?

I took a pregnancy test from a doctor office that my boyfriends mother got for me since shes works there, and i peed in a cup and took the test tube and put it in the sample part of the test. Both lines showed up as i was pregnant but one slowly faded away and disappeared quickly before the test was finished but the other other line was already there when the first one started to disappear. What does this mean? And thank you for your help!
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
hi there,
am dr.surendran
nice to meet you here in HCMagic
I have gone through your complaints
A true positive will usually show up within the first couple of minutes. It could be what is sometimes called an "\evaporation line. Generally, evaporation lines are light gray, shadowy lines and any pregnancy test can have this occur. It is when a faint test line appears AFTER the 10 minute time limit.
We always have LH in our systems, so the test can pick it up. Most of the tests don't show a full positive result until 25-40 mIU, but many will show a faint line with LH levels over 10 mIU.
If your result line often has significant color, you should consider trying another brand.
If you still get a significant line, you should consider having your doctor test your LH levels on the third day of your next cycle to see if your hormone levels are elevated.
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran hcmagic