Precautions and measures of a burn injury ?

I work in a factory where we use a lot of hot air ovens. I would like to know what precautions to be taken and the measures when or if I have a burn injury.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Hot air ovens can cause dry burns to the skin. In factory always have water around you. In an accident, apply water to the area and keep it under running tap water for some time up to 5 min. If the area is large or covering the sensitive areas like face, genitals, neck, scalp, hands keep the area of burns covered and take the victim to the hospital. Do not attempt to peel anything that might have got stuck to the victim?s skin (cloth, plastic, even his charred skin). The reason being that these are sterilized by heat, and buy removing them, the raw areas to be exposed and result in infection. The cause of death in a victim of burns is infection and dehydration. If the victim is in a position to drink provide him with plenty of water, do not force him to drink. If the area is small apply a burns ointment to it so as to keep it covered. If there are boils that erupt on the skin do not pierce them since they will get infected once broken. Do not apply any home based mixtures to the site of burns.