Pre-Hypertension, should I be concerned about it ?

My blood pressure is 128/88 and Im 41 years old. Is it time for me to see doctor? (BTW I eat healthy and exercise)
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
You should ALWAYS be aware of your blood pressure. Make sure you monitor it. Recent studies show even slight hypertension can damage small capillaries in the brain as well as the rest of the body. Organ damage is easily avoided by what you are doing - following and monitoring your BP closely. It is so easy to treat should it continue to elevate, it is certainly prudent to be diligent in monitoring it. It may never elevate beyond what it is - just keep on top of it. Many times hypertension has no symptoms, so you are ahead of the game to be following yours.