Popping of ears while swallowing , ringing. Histroy of earpain in flight while descending. Solution?

ok so about 2 months ago i went on vacation to jamaica, and while i was there i got a cold. when i came back to canada on the flight descending , my ears were very painful and they didnt pop until 2 days later. about a week later i went to the doctor and he prescribed me a nasal spray called avamys. i used it for a few days but stopped because it was giving me headaches. therefore i dont think it really helped my ears and ever since they pop when i swallow and sometimes i get ringing. anyways, tomorrow i am going back to jamaica so as a precautionary measure i have started to use the nasal spray again hoping it will work. my ears tend to only hurt on the way down, but im scared this time because my ears already feel weird from last time. will this spray have helped my eustachian tubes? is there anything else i could do ??
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013