Polycystic kidneys, high BP, taking Amlogard, Lorem, have feet swelling, increase in girth of legs, severe itching. Cause?

I have Policystic Kidneys ( diagnosed in 1988) and to ensure that my BP is under control, I was prescribed Lorem 5mg and Amlogard 5mg, bds, initially by the Nephrologist . Later on, it was observed taht my BP is in teh range of 140/100, so the dosage was inreased as folows: Amolrad 10mg, Lorem 5 mg in morning and Amlogard 5mg, Lorem 5mg at night. I had been taking this dosage and my BP was normally 130/85-90 or at times it would be 140/90. About 2.5 months back, when i visited the nephrologist for regular check up, my BP was 150/100 and so my dosage was prescribed as Lorem5mg, same as before, Amlogard 20 mg in morning and 10 mg in evening. After few days of taking teh increased dose, I started observing swelling in my feet and increase in the girth of my legs. I was concerned and so again visited the doctor. He mentioned it could be due to Amlodipine and so he changed the medicine to S.Numlo 5mg, Arkamin 100mcg and Lorem 5mg-- BDS. However, since then, the swelling has almost gone in my left foot , but teh girteh of both legs is till in increased in size, I get lot of itching, at night. The portion, just above the ankle on both legas, is showing red patches- this stae when shared wth the Nephrologist, I have been advised to go for venous mapping, wich I am yet to get done. Please advise, even if S.Numlo has amlodipine, why Amlogard wsa stopped and why thsi swelling occured. Is t becaus eof Amlodipine or something else. Thanks red patchesnot reduced ( i generally go after ahve been taking
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013