Pleural effusion post CABG, Why is this fluid getting accumulated again and again ?

Hi, My father (Age 58 years) went through a CABG X 2 on november 2010. When he came for his first checkup in jan 2011, x-ray report showed fluid accumulated in his lungs and hence went though pleural effussions. Yesterday was his second checkup and again some amount of fluid is accumulated. This time he is not admitted but has been asked to take lasix (he is taking it since cabg). Why is this fluid getting accumulated again and again. He is not taking more than 1 litre of fluids but again the problem is recurring.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011