Plates and pins in the wrists after a fracture. Pain in the wrist, protruding vein. Reason?

Hi, I have two plates and nine pins in my right wrist that I had to get after shattering my wrist in December 2009. Lately I have been experiencing pain in the wrist doing menial tasks. Even snapping my fingers triggers pain in my wrist. I have experienced pain before but not quite this bad and not for this long. It also seems as though my vein to the right of wear the scar from the incision is, is protruding. Is there any common causes for this? Should I go to a doctor? If so, do I have to go to the surgeon that operated on me? He is very inconvenient as I live two and a half hours away from his office. Thanks, Kathryn
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013