Plantar wart on toe, painful when pressed. Where did I get this from?

i have a what it seems to be a planter wart on the side of my right big toeon my left foot . the pharmacist told me to get a liquid form removal due to the fact the freeze off was to exspensive to get.She noted that it pretty big pretty big so bandaid med would not be too affective. It is a dark mountain slope-painful when pressed,in sneakers,high hill shoes so i were flip flops and walking if too much of it. Any who my question is where did i get this from? is this from HPV virus .or could have picked up by wearing other people shoes(goodwill)or walking on something dirty or all the above? by the way i have RA if that makes a difference , im 35yr old . Thank you for you time and attention to this question.Lyn
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012