Pins and needles in the bottom of foot. Is peripheral neuropathy permanent?

Hi..its LeAnne..I wrote to you last week about having an issue with my right calf..that when I push on it on the outer side of the calf muscle ..that I get strong pins and needles in the bottom of my foot ...You had suggested this could be Peripheral Neuritis..and suggested I see my doctor but that the condition was not serious...I saw my doctor today and he called it Peripheral Neuropathy ...Is this the same thing that your suggested?? And,,I thought Neuropathy was a serious condition..My blood levels were checked and were all normal...He told me it was from crossing my legs right over left and said the nerve was irritated...but I m a little scared as I have read alot about neuropathy in the past for my job...Can you please clarify any of this for me...I m nervous ...Is this permanent?? He didnt suggest me seeing a neuro or taking any meds..only told me to stretch my calves regularly and to apply some heat and to bulk up my calves a bit...Help ?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012