Pinkish red residue out of shower, continuous palm itching. Could it be serratia marcescens?

I noticed after cleaning a pink-ish red residue out of my shower that my palms started itching and it hasn t stopped. I had the same symptoms on the bottom of my feet and I believed it was just a case of athletes foot , so I treated it like athletes foot. But after some research on the internet it seems that it may be serratia marcescens. Am I correct in believing this serratia or does it sound like something else, and if it is how do I go about treating it and stop the spread of contamination?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

But you should not be your own doctor. internet information are their as guidelines. Nothing is equivalent to experience and proper diagnosis. You cannot diagnose your own. There might be no problem at all except some simple allergy. What was that red residue? Have you tried to find? May be some rust. That's all. Leave the diagnosis part to the doctors. Consult a skin specialist if need be.
Good luck.