Pin and needles feeling in leg, stiff leg, swollen knee. What is the problem?

This evening for about 3 hours I have had pins and needles in my left leg, particularly my two left toes and a stiffness in my leg. I have been sitting down for this period of time at the cinema. The area behind me knee feels swollen, it isnt, it just feels like it. When I walk my knee feels like giving way because it doesnt feel strong enough . I am a healthy 49 year old male
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
These symptoms are suggesting that you may be having a disc prolapse. I would recommend you to get MRI of the spine to see if there is a disc protrusion and if yes then how much . According to that you can plan . If it is in early stage then treatment will be physiotherapy and muscle relaxant and Pregabalin and Methylcobal. Till that time, avoid bending forward and weight lifting.