Piles operation done, hard stools, severe pain on passing bowels. Treatment?

One month ago, I underwent piles operation. My dr. advised me to take Lactifiber and Livolik 2 tspoons each after dinner. For first 5 days, the stool was soft. Later the first 1-2 inches of my stool is very hard and difficult to pass motion due to the hardness. Once the first 1-2 inches comes out the stool is soft. I am drinking lots of water and taking fruits and vegetables. The initial hardness causes sever pain in the area where i had piles operation. Kindly suggest me ways to get rid of the hard stool (1-2 inches)
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012

so here is how it is: pain in the exit area leads to avoidance of the stool. and more they stay harder try become. and harder they are more painful it will become.
and this is a vicious cycle.
i would suggest you to use more fibre in ur diet and if still persist try adding a good stool softener after consulting your doctor.