Piercings done, nausea, feeling faint. Symptoms of low blood sugar?

I got 2 piercings about 2 days ago, and ever since I got it I ve been feeling nauseous. One was in the lip and the other in the eyebrow. I nearly fainted when I got them but I had not been eating a lot and I had walked for about an hour to get to the place having eaten very little and not having drank any water. The piercing guy told me that I had low blood sugar , and immediately I felt a bit better after eating. Is this supposed to happen?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013