Pieces of tooth, filling stayed in throat while at dentist. Having discomfort, sore throat. Suggestions?

I have an area in the right side of my throat which occasionally becomes dry and is not reachable by water. While at the dentist recently pieces of filling and tooth stayed in my throat and were not rinsed away as usual. Since then I have had discomfort swallowing and a soreness especially early in the morning. I have also found pieces of filling in my mouth on two occasions, 3 or 4 days later. My question is: Is it possible to have a pocket in the side of the throat which can hold small objects which may enter when the head is tilted back as during dental treatment ?. After 6 days the soreness is still there but intermittent. Thank you, Russell
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013