Petechiae on the top of both feet and ankles, advised to go away with time. Blood tests normal. Will it go away ?

About a year ago, I developed what seemed to be petechiae on the tops of both my feet and my ankles. After I went to my doctor, he confirmed it to be petechiae and did some blood work which was completely normal. He came to the conclusion that it came from trauma from playing soccer with cleats that were way to small for me. He said that it would eventually go away with time. However, it s now a year later and while it hasn t spread at all, it also hasn t faded much either. I made another visit to my doctor and did some more tests which were still completely normal. I had never gotten petechiae prior to this. Is this at all normal? and if so, will it ever fade away or is there any form of surgery that could remove these unsightly spots from my feet? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013

Do not worry, it is Schamberg's disease, also known as pigmented purpuric disease.

It is harmless purpuric disease.. A form of capillaritis in the skin of unknown origin.

It may be due to long time standing position... As in ,you are playing soccer.

The disease is benign.

Mild tret may be considered.. Oral vitamin C and K may be taken for long time.

Thrombophob oint and mild steroid cream may be applied.

Elevation of legs may be considered.

You may be benefitted.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD