Persistent pain in the left pectoral region. Told was muscular spasm. Opinion?

Hello, I am a 21 year old male and have been having a pain in the left pectoral region over the past 3 days. I have had this two or three times before and my parents said it could be acid reflux or angina. The only thing different about it this time was that on xmas morning I woke up at 6am with the pain in my left pectoral region and a pain in my left arm . Over the course of the day the pain moved from my arm to my arm pit/ shoulder area. I saw a doctor the next day and he told me it was just a muscular spasm . I am not convinced as it still persists and hurts pretty bad when I lay on my left side or even bend over.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013