Persistent cough, worsens at night causing disturbed sleep, no improvement with medicines, home remedies. Solution?

Anyone Else with a Cough That Just Won t Go Away? this all started a about 8 days ago that began with just mild fever and aches for a day, and then quickly changed to the worst cough I ve ever had. continuous cough, mostly at night. I can t seem to shake this cough and have never had anything like this before that it s just different. Seemed like the cough got worse each day. Now it has stablized but constant and yes night time is the worse. I ve tried tea lots and lots of tea Robitussion, Vicks viper rub. All kinds of home remedies not working I need to sleep and I can t because every time I lay down to try to fall asleep the coughing starts and won t stop till I get up ... ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS B4 ANY ADVICE ???
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012