Periods stopped, ovarian failure, heavy periods resumed. Do I need donor eggs to conceive?

My daughter is twenty six. When I was pregnant with her in the very early stages I ate some undercooked chicken and got opoisioning. Then when was on holidays I contracted thread worms from children we were travelling with. My duaghter was born a healthy seven and a half pounds. When she was sixteen and an avid ballet dancer her periods stopped for five years. she was underweight but then her periouds resumed. A doctor when she was sixteen said she had suffered ovarian failure, yet her periods did return after a few years albeit quite heavy and about every five weeks. I am now worried that as she is a good relationship that this episode has rendered her infertile. I might add I have tortured myself for years over this question and she had to have counselling as she felt like a freak. I feel the doctor should not have told her at sixteIen she would need donor eggs . Was this premature of him considering that her periods did eventually return? I would be so grateful for a response as I spent years worrying about this question. Thanks so much. Siobhan Shine
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012