Periodic strange nerve beats in shoulder, no pain or numbness. Cause?

I am feeling strange nerve beat in my right shoulder from the last couple of hours, every 3 mins or so. No matter in which position i keep my hand . There is neither any pain nor any numbness in hand. What can be its cause? feeling beats on top of my right shoulder just above biceps . Kindly suggest me cause and solution to this.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Hi there,

The problem is apparently due to irritation of a nerve branch supplying the affected muscles. Irritation is due to either compression by the adjacent bone/shoulder joint; or, partial but reversible injury to the nerve.

There is nothing to be done. An anti-epileptic drug can curb the problem.

If it doesn't disappear in 2 weeks' time, consult a doctor who will evaluate you and order relevant investigations.

Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me, order required tests, and- based on the reports- will prescribe suitable/modified treatment as advised.

In case of any further queries, revert back to me THROUGH DIRECT PREMIUM QUERY (Paid), addressed to me personally. You will receive- almost immediately- my response in great details.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE ALL doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal