Perimenopause. Suffering from insomnia. On clonafit. Discontinuing okay?

hi doc... iam 51 years old and going thru perimenopause for the last 3 yrs...since 3 yrs iam suffering from insomnia ...i was taking half of .25 clonafit in the morning and 5 mg zolfresh for 3 yrs and getting iam getting a shade in my left eye,so i have discontinued these medicines and the shade has disappeared...i have been prescribed .5mg epitril at night to sleep....i have taken it for 3 nights...1st 2 nights i did not sleep very well but 3rd night i have slept well....since morning i have been getting strain on my right temple....i hope its not because of the medicine....i dont suffer from any fits ....will the medicine be safe for me ?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012