Perforated ear drum. Operation suggested to treat it. Chances of success?

hi, this isn t really a query, but i was concerned. i have a perforation in my right ear drum, and doctors say that if i have to operation to fix it now, then i will most proberbly have to re-have it in the future, as it would undo itself as i m still growing. (i m 14) what are the chances of the operation un-doing itself? and what would the operation be? like, what would they do? how long would it take? Also, would it be dangerous to pierce my tragus with a perforation in my ear drum. 1 last little question. im interested in nursing, and watch the whole lot of the medical shows (casualty, holby city) and am facinated by nursing, what courses would be required to become a nurse/doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012