Penis itching after taking Azithromycin and Cefixime. Partner has chlamydia. Side effect or drug interaction?

I recently took 1g azithromycin and 400mg cefixime . My partner was diagnosed with Chlamydia and even though I was not tested my doctor gave me these prescriptions. About a couple hours after taking these together I started getting a minor itch in my penis. The itch has continued for 24 hours. Is this a side effect of one of the medications, an allergic reaction , an indication that the medication is not working, or something else?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012