Penile tears, puss discharge. History of diabetes. What could be the reason?

My husband is 38 years old and a type 2 diabetic. He has penial tears and some puss discharge . I was worried. What should he do? He went to the doctor yesterday, but he was only told to apply Goldbond. This is not the first time this has occurred. It also happened last summer right before he was diagnosed with diabetes . He has not been monitoring his blood levels, and I think this is partially why and what this going on. I am very concerned.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012