Paper cuts on penis, lack of lubrication during sex, infection, pain during urination, resulting in UTI, can this also cause genital herpes ?

i am a healthy 25yr old male, i recently got small paper cuts on my penis from friction due to my wife not having enough lubrication . when this happen i usually let it heal on its own but this time it did not heal and now its become infected. due to this infection i developed a urinary tract infection causing pain and burning when urinating. I checked in the emergency room and in fact diagnosed with a urinary tract infection but they also think i have genital herpes from my infection but i tried to explain the cause of my infection. they prescribed me with cipro tablets 500mg and famciclovr tablets 250mg. after 24 hrs of taking this medications have shown no improvement still have the same pain and burning when urinating and also developed fevers and cannot sleep. im drinking only water and cranberry juice. i need help on whether the medications were the right choice for my situation or if i need to check in the emergency room again.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012